Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"Only" 8 miles

ORN: 8.3 miles, 1:21:55, 9:54/mile. Cold, windy

As I hit the 7 mile mark on my way back home this morning, I thought a bit about this weeks long, midweek run. "Only 8" I said to myself. "This is week one of the three week taper. Only 8." Ho hum.

Then it hit me. "Only" 8? I recalled that it was just a year ago when I ran 8 miles for the first time. I got home, told my wife, worried about my legs, feet. I ramped "all the way up" to 8 in preparation for doing one lap of the HUFF that I'm doing two laps of on Dec 17.

I went back in my running log. Indeed, on Dec 8, 2004, was the first time I ran 8 miles. I marked it with a star...a new record at the time. It was a big, long, weekend-type run.

Now it is part of a taper, done mid week.

Amazing what can happen in a year's time.

Only.

Persevere.

No comments: