Sunday, October 23, 2005

First Run after Injury

ORN: 4 miles, 47min, 11:00 to 11:30

Amazing. Went out not knowing if I could run or not. Gingerly took off. Stretched early, then four times along the run. Amazingly, I could roll forward on the ball of my right foot without hurting my calf…and that’s the first time that has happened in a week since the half marathon.

So I decided to see what I could do. As it felt OK after one, I decided to try for four. Made it to my two mile turnaround and felt fine and ran all the way. No walking, eacy running (see pace!!).

Man, did it feel good to run again. And the longer I went, the looser the calf felt. Still feels fine tonight. Will have to see how it feels in the morning when I attempt another four miles.

Oh, and I wore my $2 running vest. Worked well, both into and with the wind. More on that later.

Persevere.