Sunday, September 27, 2015

Miles, Marathons, Miatas

It's been quite a summer and early fall of running and training for fall marathons.  Mostly, lots of miles and more quick miles than I have done in the past.  My training record looks it.   I paste the screen shot from my on-line record on Running Ahead after today's run.


















I've never had 181 miles in any 30 day period.  Ever.  September isn't over yet and it looks like I'll be over 160 miles for the calendar month.  The week and month totals say a lot.

No sense of any injuries.  To that, I credit the Run/Walk plan and the gradual build up.

What's it worth to do all these miles??  We'll soon find out, as I have three marathons, all in Indianapolis, over the next 6 weeks.  The first is this Saturday, October 3.  I plan to go out at my sub-4 marathon plan and see if I can hold it through 18 miles.  

Two weeks later, I run the final ever Indianapolis Marathon.  That one will be a simple long run, celebrating the last hurrah for a great race in our state for the last 20 years.

Three weeks after that, November 7, is the target...the Monumental Marathon, where I'll go for a sub 4 hour 26.2.

The miles are there...now it's in the sequence to see if it will deliver.

Fun to know I'll be making all three trips with running buddy Jon.  We are now, officially, the "Miata Maniacs", but that's a story for another day.












Persevere.


.







1 comment:

Karen said...

So one run is before your birthday and two after! Will that play into the stats??? Have a good run, my brother!