Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bummed at a day off??

ORN: 4 miles, easy, nice

So, I'm on our nightly walk after dinner with my lovely wife and I comment that I'm disappointed I can't run tomorrow morning. It's a day off before my 17 miler on Saturday. And it sounds kinda weird. And not only to her.

One of the cool things the last three weeks is getting back into ramping up for some serious (for me) mileage. It really grabbed me when I did my mid-week long run of 8 miles Wednesday morning before work. Drenched in sweat at the end (80 degrees at 5am and 95% humidity will do that to you), I felt great. And felt great all day.

I'm really looking forward to the 17 miler. Haven't done that length since the marathon in April. I'll have 44+ miles for the week by Sunday. For me, good mileage. And it feels good.

Maybe not so weird.

Persevere.

No comments: