Thursday, February 02, 2006

Midweek gets longer

ORN: Wednesday: 7.1 miles, 1:08:44, 9:39 pace
Thursday: 4 miles, no watch, easy pace

The schedule pushes the midweek run up to 7 miles this week. It felt good to start out yesterday but, about two miles into it, my legs informed me they had yet to recover from the great, hard 13.3 miles on Saturday. So, I accepted that and settled back into an easier rhythm.

Speed is intoxicating. Especially for one so slow, when a 9:03 average is thrilling. And I'm not going to be able to do that every time. Actually, I need to relax with it as I really start ramping up the long runs. After a "mere" 10 miler this Saturday, the miles go up every week until the taper begins.

This morning was just nice...a simple four miler. What a treat.

Which is one of the reasons we persevere.

No comments: