Saturday, January 21, 2006

Come to think of it, I'll do a Half

ORN: 13.1 miles, 2:05:50, 9:35/mile

I really couldn't believe the reading on the wireless thermometer as I was getting set to run mid day. So I went outside, checked another thermometer...yep, it really was 51 degrees. And sunny. And only a mild wind. Talk about amazing for January in Indiana!

Off I went in just my favorite long sleeve T shirt, shorts, gloves and cap. The schedule only called for 12 miles, but I was crusing and just kept cruising. By bumping out a couple of turnaround points, I added another mile or so and rounded it off at a half marathon for the day.

The legs felt great, still do a couple of hours later. The rhythm was good, the weather was nice, there just wasn't anything not to like about the run.

In a long winter, this is an amazing treat to have a run like this.

Persevere!

No comments: