Friday, July 17, 2015

Smoothies

Never in my life have I fixed a smoothie but that changed this morning. 
 
With the miles I'm running right now, I wondered if I needed more protein in my breakfast, rather than just the complex carbs I got from the bowl of oatmeal I've had every morning for the last 10 years or so. 
 
I finally found a simple smoothie recipe to try (why are so many of them so complex??).  A cup of milk, one banana, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, a pinch of cinnamon and a handful of ice cubes.  I also had to learn how to assemble and operate our blender...a new skill which I botched and completely trashed the first attempt. 
 
Finally got it to work and I was pleased.  Two glasses of a thick, frothy concoction.  We'll see how I feel all day. 
 
Beware, old dog....
 
Persevere.
 
 
 
.

No comments: