Sunday, October 28, 2012

Race Report: Muncie Mini Marathon

ORN:  13.1 miles, 1:52:58, run, 8:38/mile

This half marathon was a bit of a quirk.  In a busy fall running schedule, I signed up to fit in some "speed work" in the midst of a series of marathons.  The race site was in scenic and famous Muncie, Indiana, about a two hour drive from home.  It was a small race, with marginal organization but it accomplished what I had hoped.

No fancy strategy on this one...I wanted to do a 1:55 and pretty much ran an even pace.  The route was an out and back (mostly) along a terrific rail-trail.  Dead flat and smooth, it allowed us to run comfortably.   The small field of only 139 people spread out quickly.

From Running-General
Post race at Muncie Central HS.

And that was pretty much it...run hard, finish strong, get in 2 minutes ahead of plan, hop in the car and drive home.  A nice fall Saturday in Indiana.  I don't think I'll do this race again, but it worked well this year.

Persevere.

.




1 comment:

David said...

I'm guessing you did well in your age group besides getting in a good run.