Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm a Race Director for the Circular Logic Marathon!

Haven't mentioned in this space a fun running experiment this spring for me.

I'm the Race Director the The Circular Logic Marathon on March 31.  The whole idea came up a year ago...I wondered if we couldn't have a simple, small, low-cost marathon here in West Lafayette.  I had hoped we could do an indoor marathon at the nice indoor track at Purdue but that didn't work out.  So, I proposed to our local running we try another venue, a city park nearby.   Lots of us run on the park's paved trails and, with a little creativity, we mapped out a 1.0 mile loop in the park. 

So, we launched it late last year.  We've been getting registrations weekly but it's a small race so far, just under 30 at the moment.   We do have the famous Larry Macon running, though...Larry is famous for holding the world record for the most marathons run in a calendar year...113 in 2011.  It'll be cool to meet Larry.

I'm finding it fascinating to organize a race.  I did this to "give back"...I enjoy running so much and how many, many volunteers have made all those races happen.  So, this is a way of saying "thanks" in a small way too. 

I'll keep you posted on how this race rolls along...we'd love to have you or your friends come and run 26 laps in a nice park!!

Persevere...round and round...persevere.


.

1 comment:

Wes said...

very cool. you'll only need one aide station :-)