Saturday, October 29, 2005

Long Run with Wooly Worms

ORN: 10.3 miles, 1:34:28, about 9:40/mile or so

What a specacular fall day to run! All winter and all summer I dream of such a day. Full sun, temp in mid 50s, trees turning color, mild breeze. Could not be any better.

The legs are back. After really cranking my R calf two weeks ago in the Half, I'm back to regular running. Originally set out to do 9 miles, and threw in an extra mile just because it felt good.

Winter awaits, though. Saw many, many wooly caterpillars slowly crawing across the trail today. To my knowledge, I didn't squash any but it was a hazardous place for them to be. Typically, the weather holds out OK through early December, then into the deep freeze through February.

For now, I enjoy what we have. And am grateful for it.

Persevere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get Real Podcast: Lee Wilkins of Podcast.com
Posted by Stowe Boyd I had the opportunity to chat with Lee Wilkins, VP Products & Strategy for Podcast.com, to get his take on podcast directories and what his company is trying to accomplish.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction delay on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction delay!